The ugliness of drug abuse crosses all age and socioeconomic boundaries. Factoring all job classifications and all age groups, on average, slightly over 8 out of one hundred employees regularly use illicit drugs. The number of employees who have used drugs within the past year is nearly double. The actual numbers and percentages vary from different industries, classifications and ages, but the message is clear. The more employees you have, the more active drug users will be on your payroll. And the financial drain on businesses due to lost productivity, absenteeism and industrial accidents is enormous. The actions of just one employee in a drug-induced altered state can spell curtains for an otherwise healthy enterprise.
Put in broader perspective, approximately 71% of all drug abusers are employed.
Keeping drug abusers off your payroll should be the first course of action, and discovering them before they can further harm your company’s profitability is the second most important step. Because harm they will do. It’s all about your operational efficiency and your bottom line.
In order to facilitate your drug testing requirements, Employer’s InfoSource has partnered with eScreen, a leading national drug testing service, providing EIS customers with convenient, turn-key drug screening.
The process is uncomplicated:
- Logon and enter basic applicant information — print drug screening form.
- Send your applicant(s) to one of the nearby designated collection clinics in your area with screening form.
- Results of non-DOT drug screening is available in as little as 30 minutes. Results indicating positive for the presense of drugs are reviewed by a medical review officer (MRO) and discussed privately with the applicant.
- Final results are reported via your secure EIS login account or through your ATS.
- DOT testing is slightly more involved and will take longer for process completion.
Your Employer’s InfoSource client services representative can provide all the needed details and help get your drug testing program up and running. Call 1-800-367-2432.